The 2023 PPG Summit: Homeward Bound
November 1-4, 2023
Up Close and In Person—Live Streaming, Too!
Hosted by the Pet Professional Guild at the Arizona Humane Society in partnership with dog*biz
Two Registration Options + Great Evening Activities + Talented Presenters = Fabulous Event
Continued Education Units
CCPDT Working 27.5 & CCPDT Auditor 20.5 – PMCT Working 27.5 & PMCT Auditor 20.5 – KPA Working 27.5 & KPA Auditor 20.5 – PPAB Working 28 and
PPAB Auditor 20.5 IAABC 31 CEUs for In-Person 25 for Virtual attendance
Did You Know?
#1 Preparing dogs and cats for their new homes is an essential function of pet professionals, not just in the shelter or rescue location but also as pets transition to new homes and adjust.
#2 Many dogs and cats we work with have been housed, cared for, or adopted from a shelter or rescue environment. Understanding their background can help us facilitate behavior change programs!
November 1-5, 2023
Days To Enrichment & Fun
Jean Donaldson, Chirag Patel, Leslie McDevitt, Craig Ogilvie, Dr. Robert Hewings and Karen Caton-Hewings, Mary Hunter, Tabitha Kucera, Laura Cassiday, Tom Candy, Julie Naismith, Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison, Kristi Benson, Emily and Lizzie Cassell, Veronica Boutelle and Gina Phairas, Melissa Taylor, Christina Young, Beth Adelman, Jennifer Van Valkenburg, Holden Svirsky, Judy Moore, Suzy B. Olsen, Sara McLoudrey
Increase Your Knowledge and Practice Your Skills Under the Guidance of Behavior and Training Experts
PPG’s Homeward Bound summit has attracted a fabulous group of dynamic, highly skilled and eagerly sought out presenters from across the globe. Join us for:
- 24 lectures and 25 skill labs.
- 3.5 days of education, networking, fun and games. Rejuvenate yourself with an infusion of force-free chats and chuckles!
- The opportunity to work with a dog or cat during the event under the guidance of a presenter.
- Visible and accessible skill labs for all attendees to learn alongside those working.
- An intimate in-person event with fun activities and enrichment for all species. Yes, we will be focused on your fun and enrichment, too!
Important Stats For Animal Trainers!
- Approximately 6.3 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year.
- Approximately 4.1 million shelter animals are adopted yearly (2 million dogs and 2.1 million cats).
Why Are These Statistics Important to Pet Professionals?
- Many of the dogs and cats we work with have been housed, cared for or adopted from a shelter or rescue environment.
- Preparing dogs and cats for their new homes is an essential function of pet professionals, not just in the shelter or rescue location, but also as pets transition to new homes and adjust.
- Supporting the education and operation of shelter and rescue organizations not only helps us to help them, but also helps them to help us! Partnerships are so important.
Your Registration Information
Continued Education Units CCPDT. IAABC, KPA, PPAB – Pending
- Choose the option that meets your needs: in-person or virtual (live streaming).
- Member discount code: Use the code in the member area of the PPG website (at the top of the page) to get your membership discount.
- Pricing: Enjoy an interest-free payment plan if you sign up before June 2023. The sooner you sign up, the smaller the monthly payment.
In-Person Member: $440 Non-Member: $545
Live Streaming Member: $200 Non-Member: $280
In-Person Summit Registration Includes:
- Access to a Summit Facebook group for networking and planning purposes
- Your evening of fun and enrichment (drinks and snacks included in your registration fee)
- Your swag bag full of discounts, fun items and special offers
- Your Homeward Bound T-shirt
- A schedule of 24 academic sessions and 25 skill labs to choose from
- On-site registration for skill labs
- “Get moving” activities with Niki Tudge on November 3rd and 5th
- Enrichment Around the Fire event (food and beverage not included)
- Treasure hunt (food and beverages not included)
- Tea, coffee, and water station
Live Streaming Summit Registration Includes:
- Access to a Summit Facebook group for networking and live streaming.
- Access to purchase an event T-shirt
- Your virtual swag bag full of discounts, fun items and special offers
- All the sessions scheduled for the Learning Center will be live-streamed, and the other sessions will be recorded and uploaded within 18 hours to an event platform.
- Interaction with presenters and hosts through the Facebook group
- Daily swag offerings dropped into the Facebook group for you to enjoy
- Access to all recorded sessions for 12 months.
An extra PPG Summit day exclusively for dog*biz THRIVE! Members. $50.00
Spend a day working on your business with fellow Thive members & the dogbiz coaches. Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
Use your THRIVE code to include this day on your registration form
Location & Accomodations
There are several hotels very near the Arizona Humane Society. PPG is working to secure reasonable rates for our attendees, and information will be provided soon on this event page. We will also facilitate attendees looking to find others interested in sharing rides or accommodations via a Facebook group. More information coming soon!
Location: Arizona Humane Society
1521 W. Dobbins Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85041
We have personally visited the Arizona Humane Society twice in the last three years in anticipation of hosting this event. As a result of these site visits, we are delighted to be partnering with them as the event host.
The facility boasts a fabulous location on 12 acres of landscaped grounds. There are several large, fully fenced outdoor areas that are perfect for canine skill labs. Inside are two meeting rooms: a large, light and airy learning center that can accommodate up to 200 people and a smaller classroom ideal for presentation sessions.
The feline area has a lovely meet-and-greet center where we can host feline skill labs in smaller rooms with one cat and two handlers. Four of these are scattered around a larger forum where presentation demonstrations can take place prior to attendees working in their private rooms.
On site is a lovely courtyard where we will enjoy breaks and meals. We are currently exploring lots of dining options, including a selection of food trucks.